Italian flag
CultureTourism

Among the beauties of the Fair, Villa Carisi already Ninni

2 Mins read

Villa Ninni, in Fera, was already considered by the end of the 1800s “among the most beautiful in Fiera” with a magnificent garden and an important collection of rare plants and flowers.

TREVISO. Built by Count Giovanni Ninni (1840-1911) according to his design in the second half of the nineteenth century in a composite nineteenth-century style, it was surrounded by a large garden with over 900 plants. Also at the end of the 1800s, the owners commissioned engineer Moglianese Alvise Motta to renovate the main body of the complex, softening the turret with elegant decorative elements then in vogue.

Count Giovanni Ninni was a descendant of a noble and wealthy Greek family – the Ninnis of Thessaloniki, whose ancestor in Italy, Cristos Ninnis, had invested large sums of money as early as the 1800s in the purchase of land and real estate along the Venetian Lagoon, in the Venetian hinterland, and in the Marche region, including the Benedictine Monastery of Monastier which was transformed into an estate, still inhabited by his descendants to this day.

The park design – curated by Ninni himself – was conceived with various strongly symbolic architectural references, such as the enclosed garden accessed through an arched door, a sign of initiation for a select few. Lakes and watercourses were created (now populated by fish and turtles) and some buildings were constructed, such as gazebos, an amphitheater, greenhouses, and wrought iron seats.
Following the nineteenth-century fashion, the park, extending over an area of ​​more than a hectare, was furnished – until reaching its final layout in the early twentieth century – with a careful selection of plants of considerable botanical interest, starting with some large Cedars, Ginkgo biloba, White Hornbeams, Horse Chestnuts, etc. Plants that have created an undergrowth (habitat for river fauna such as ducks and other waterfowl) with various floral species including orchids.

From clinic to nursing school

In 1950, Villa Ninni was purchased by Professor Guido Carisi, who transformed it into a clinic; later on, Treviso Civil Hospital hosted nursing courses there until the late nineties.

Connected since the early 1970s by a bridge over the Sile to the Ca’ Foncello Hospital Area, today the villa houses some offices and services of the Local Health Authority.

The villa now has a social and health function  

Since March 1914, it has been the legal headquarters of Ulss 2. After leaving Borgo Cavalli, the new headquarters of the health company was transferred to Villa Ninni-Carisi, at 37 via Sant’Ambrogio di Fiera.

The transfer concerns: the company management (offices of the general manager, administrative director, health director, and social services director and territorial function with respective secretaries), general affairs department, legal affairs department, protocol office, and press office.

Since May 2011, at the request of the Treviso healthcare company, the Superintendence of Cultural Heritage declared Villa Carisi in Fiera a “Cultural Interest” building and subjected it to all protection provisions.

The complex, whose origins date back to the second half of the 19th century, has been the subject of careful restoration in recent years by Everest Group: the main building houses the Management Offices, in a second building the offices of the general affairs and legal sector, in the adjacent buildings, the protocol office and meeting rooms.

During the design phase of the shielding systems to be adopted, the technical solution with DRIVE roller modules applied directly to the frame was defined, ensuring the best minimalism of the curtains, but always combined with the efficiency of a technical shielding.

Photo credits: Everest Group

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *